Thursday 5 November 2015

Dismaland, Weston Super Mare

Last month I was lucky enough to get tickets for the very popular Dismaland. For those of you that dont know, Dismaland was an exhibition by artist, Bansky, in Weston Super Mare, North Somerset. Bansky is a top secret street artist whose work can be found all over the world.




The queues were huge when we got there, but luckily moved very quickly for the people with pre booked tickets. I would not have liked to have been in the other queue! I know people that queued for hours to get in. Crazy!

Over all we were in there for about 30 minutes. It was all very clever. The best part was the staff. They were playing the 'dismal' part and they were playing it well. There were some visitors there that clearly didn't 'get it' and I did witness one lady get very annoyed that the member of staff handing out the maps wouldn't let go of it when she tried to take it. As we walked in we got 'told off' for laughing and my friend got told to take her sunglasses off as it wasn't sunny. It was basically supposed to be the worst customer service. But it was so funny and they were my favourite part of the attraction.

The artwork was all very good but I don't think I would have payed anymore than £5 for a ticket. It was a bit smaller than I expected and didn't take very long to see everything.
The main attraction was the derelict Disney Castle. Inside was a 'dead' Cinderella in her crashed carriage with the paparazzi taking photos of her. As you went in you could get a souvenir photo taken that was edited to make it look like you were pointing and laughing at her.

Overall I am glad I can say I got to visit it whilst it was there. But I do think it was slightly over rated and I would not have gone back for a second visit.

Here are some of the pictures I took:









No comments:

Post a Comment