Wednesday 15 July 2015

New York Day 2

Day two was without a doubt the most jam packed day! We got up nice add early and headed the the Statue of Liberty to beat the crowds. This was a great plan as we were on the second boat of the day, and queue was a fraction of the size of when I went later on in the day last year. The only downside was that the ice cream stand wasn't open. Which obviously ruined my whole day.





Next up we visited the 9/11 memorial. I had hoped to visit the museum this year, but we didn't realise you needed to pre book tickets. You can pre book a time there, but the queue to do that was so long and was directly in the sun. Being the palest person in the world, I don't think my skin would have coped with this, so we decided to give it a miss. The memorial is a lovely place, but makes you feel very emotional. It's crazy to think that such a tragic event took place right there. I was particularly affected by seeing a white rose placed in the name of one of the victims.



After grabbing something to eat, we had a scroll down to Wall St. Because thanks to Leo that's now a super cool place to have a picture of!


We headed to Soho to have a look around the shops, and of course being a major KUWTK junkie I did have to visit the DASH store. It wasn't what I expected at all. It was a lot smaller for a start. Sadly the place didn't have a very friendly vibe, and nothing had prices on. Sneaky. Being the nerd I am, I had a quick look on their website before the trip so knew all the clothes were way out of my price range. I decided top play it safe and grabbed 2 pencils and 2 key rings. I was pretty shocked when I got to the till and they said it came to $36! 







In the evening we went back to Times Square again to see it all lit up. It looks much better at night, but is still ridiculously busy. For dinner, we went to The Hard Rock Cafe. This was the third Hard Rock that I had been to, and was definitely the best. The place was huge. We were told there was a 40 minute wait, but we were sat at a table within 20 minutes. I had the fajitas, and they were fantastic. I loved the fact you had to create your own. My friend had a salad and it was massive. She most definitely got her money worth for a salad.









On the way back to the hotel, my friend got her photo taken with a snake.. and a muscly man. Most of the people in Times Square charge you to have a photo with them. This one was $5, and I have to say, you couldn't pay me to touch that snake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment